Friday, October 05, 2007


Joel took the day off of work today, and the three of us went to a pumpkin patch / farm combo and had great fun! Hubby and Daughter are sleeping right now, so I thought I'd go ahead and post them while I felt ambitious. I should be sleeping, too, but instead I am eating Nutella out of a jar with a spoon. Here y'are...

This is one of my favorite pictures to date.
They were having soooo much fun!

Marie ran over to the rooster and said "caca doo doo!"
(translation: cockadoodle doo)

The token "child sitting in a patch of pumpkins" shot.
You just gotta take one, no matter how cliche they are.



Marie picking out her very own "puhkin".

Walking through the corn maze in search
of a few ears to feed the goats. No luck.

Daddy and Marizzle taking a short cut
through the field.

A family hayrack ride.
Marie is unlike a lot of kids that I've met, in that when she is really really interested in something, she doesn't get smiley and silly and excited. Instead she gets very contemplative and stoic, as you can see in this photo. It looks like she's spacing out entirely, but then she'll say something very intuitive that shows us that she's just drinking it all in.
Maybe this isn't as unique or strange as I think it is.
Just an observation.

Picking cotton was her favorite activity of the day.
And we've got a plastic bag full to prove it.

Honestly, this was my favorite thing, too. Joel explained to me about the cotton gin and how tedious it was to remove all of the seeds before its invention. I'd never picked cotton before, or even touched the stuff, so I felt very educated. Yes, I've led a very sheltered life.

The gals. Can't see the belly in a front shot.
Marie's belly is very visible, though :-)

On the ride home she derailed into tired silly mode.
Daddy taught her the phrase "Oh man!" yesterday,
which she was saying when this was shot.
She took her shoes off and dropped them
on the ground and said it (as if it were an accident).

1 comment:

Book Worm said...

Cute pics! We're going to have to go now. That looks like too much fun. I actually love the picture of Marizzle sitting in the pumpkin patch. It's so colorful and cute...guess that's why everyone takes them. :)