Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No pictures on this post. Just a couple of fun little stories from our new home. We moved in last Friday - many many thanks to Ralph and Heidi (and Joel, of course), who did all of the heavy lifting. They really spared my achin' back and made the move a cinch.

1) We have misplaced our television remote. Has anyone seen it? Anyway, I have found that since it went missing I have watched far less TV and consequently been much more productive around the house. I'm in no hurry to find it.

2) Marie and I went on a walk in our cul-du-sac yesterday and met a friendly calico cat. She let Marie pet her and purred and meowed a good deal. Marie was tickled pink! So, this afternoon I go out to get the mail and what do I find on our front step? One dead bird and one dying bird. I've seen plenty of dead birds, so that didn't bother me. It was the maimed one that really turned my stomach. Its eyes were pleading with me. By the time animal control had gotten here, the cat had returned to finish what it had started. What a friendly "welcome to the neighborhood" gesture! Unfortunately, if our generous and neighborly cat friend continues giving us gifts, we're going to have to turn its owners in for violating Cary's leash law.

That's all for today. We're going trick-or-treating tonight!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You lead such an eventful life. I love your stories!