Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Marie Meehan.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
-Psalm 19:1

Today we were driving home from lunch and a playdate at Chick-fil-A, when Marie looked up at the sky (it was a vibrant blue with pretty white billowy clouds today) and said, "Mommy, is God way up there in the clouds?"

To the best of my recollection (and Joel's) neither one of us has ever said anything about God or heaven being up in the sky. It was just neat that she looked up at the beautiful sky and saw a little peek of the glory of God that moved her to ask such a question. She didn't look at the Panda Express or the Target that we were driving past and ask, "Mommy is God in that building?" Something about the heavens shout out that God created it all - even a 2 year old can see that.

But I don't want to overanalyze her words too much. After all, right after she made that comment she also said, "Mommy, I very love the cow at Chick-fil-A."

-----------------------------------------------------
Another cute Marie comment occured on the way to our lunch/playdate combo today:
"Melanie and Lucy are my best friends in the whole wide world!"

Going out to eat with friends is not relaxing anymore. With one kid it was great, but I think it gets exponentially more difficult as you add more to the mix. Today, my two dear friends and I grabbed lunch at Chick-fil-A with our combined 6 children. Their kids were all wonderful, but unfortunately I elbowed Renee in the head by accident, and Marie was knocked down by a "big boy" in the play area twice. Super fun! Katy was kind enought to crawl up inside the play structure to get her out for me when she was crying.
-----------------------------------------------------
My mom gets in tomorrow. Hooray! I've been shopping for a futon, but haven't found one that we like yet, so unfortunately Mom is going to get the couch again. Hopefully we'll find one while she's here, or soon after, for our next guests (Joel's parents are probably coming this Fall).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lunch wasn't relaxing? I don't know what you're talking about.