Friday, October 24, 2008

Joel and I took Marie to the State Fair yesterday (Renee stayed behind w/our friends, The Dunnings). She had such a fun time, as did we. I'm really terrible about picking out a couple of good photos, so I'll just post them all.













Princess Presto (from "SuperWhy" on PBS Kids)





Hungry piglets.





We got to watch the cows getting milked.





I think this is a llama. He was so cute. Reminded me of Renee when she used to have the crazy hair.





See the resemblance?















Marie's first over-priced amusement park ride!





There she is, in the blue hat.





Enjoy 44 seconds of head-dizzying bright lights, buzzing and motorcycle riding. Our treat. Marie is on the pink bike, by the way. We were sooooo surprised that she was willing and eager to do this ride by herself. She's definitely growing up.





Daddy took Marie down this giant slide. I think they rode down it on a burlap sack. She loved it, as well.















Joel had to get himself some cheese curds. He has a one-track mind at the fair. They were pretty stinkin' good.





Clifford. He's such a loveable Big Red Dog.





And here are the girls watching Clifford the other day. Sort of related, so of course I needed to post it.





I got to take Marie on the ferris wheel. When we got to the top (and I was completely freaked out) Marie said, "Mommy, this is really cool! It's rocking!"




I didn't take any photos of the fireworks show, but we enjoyed that as well. Good times. It was nice to be able to give Marie a little special attention. Even if it did cost us an arm and a leg :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE GOT ON THAT BIKE RIDE. She is so brave!! I am so glad ya'll got to spend some time with your big girl - we love doing that too :) Looks like you all had tons of fun.

But I thought the princess was "princess pea" at your service? Or I guess you're probably right (princess presto). Maybe I'm just deaf. And dumb.

Book Worm said...

Man! I told Scott just Thursday that I wasn't going to be broken hearted if we didnt' go this year and now it looks like way too much fun. I love your pictures and love that you went just as the 3 of you. Great idea. Thanks Dunnings. Thanks for the post and the pics. Cute!!!

The Flegel Family said...

the llama comparison with Renee...hilarious. ...we got a pic of Ryan and Wyatt from SuperWhy :)