Monday, November 10, 2008

Our last hike at William B. Umstead State Park:

The fall colors have peaked, so we decided to go on one final hike on our favorite path at Umstead.











We have a photo of me standing by this sign when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant with Marie.





There were LOTS of runners and hikers out last weekend. One of them kindly took this photo for us.





On our way home we decided to stop at our old townhouse in Cary. When we drove up Marie said, "Why are we going to my old house?"





We lived in the end unit. Marie had her 1st birthday party here, took her 1st steps, slept in her first big girl bed, said her first words and the list goes on. She's standing on her stump, which we used to play on every day. We moved out of here a couple of months before Renee was born.

4 comments:

Book Worm said...

Tear....I can't believe you're leaving next week. Sob. Sniff. It came a lot sooner than I expected. In my head I just kept telling myself..."Oh, they're not moving til November." I guess It's November. Cry.

Unknown said...

Every time I see the word "sob" I think Amy is cussing at you :)

(S-O-B)

Cracks me up! Those are cute pictures from the park, I'm so glad it cleared up for you to go.

Do you guys really have to move? I'll babysit once a week & clean your house & cook you dinner. Now you have to stay. It's a deal. I'll even babysit twice a week. I think Amy & I will just sit & cry next week when you leave. What the crap are we supposed to do?!

I guess I'll just stare at my blank wall. Maybe I'll interact with my children, but I haven't decided yet. Of course this is after I've lost 10 pounds due to depression.. and then spent $4,000 on a therapist to remind me that I can make new friends.

sigh. barf.

Momma D. said...

I'm sad you're leaving NC, too! I remember how I cried when I learned you were leaving IL. Now I'm crying because you're leaving NC! It's such a beautiful place to visit. I'll be glad to be within driving distance from you in MN, though. Moving day has really come fast. I'm glad you posted such beautiful pictures of NC. But I'm so sad that you'll be moving away from Amy and Katy. I really like them. Makes me cry, too!

Conklin Family said...

Am I mean for not crying? I mean, I guess I'm sort of happy since we'll be closer and actually in driving distance. Our summer is freed up a little more now actually, so the trip is becoming more possible!! Maybe this will be the end of your moving goodbyes? Stay put for a few years!