Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I wrote this on Tuesday and am just posting it today:

No photos (again). My apologies to the three people who occasionally read this blog. I'm having a terrible day and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. This morning I ventured out with the kids, which is a feat in and of itself in -9 degree weather. I checked on the TV before we left and that's what it said. NEGATIVE 9. It's surprisingly bearable, though.

Anyway, last Sunday we visited a new church and really liked it so today the girls and I went to the Moms' Group. I realize that I am emotionally fragile lately and my personality isn't exactly shining through, but seriously NOBODY talked to me other than to tell me when they would be collecting the money for the child care and craft project. I just sat there pleading with my eyes like a sad little puppy dog for somebody to talk to me. Anyway, I awkwardly left an hour early and bawled all the way home. So pitiful.

It's a good lesson learned for me, though. I'm not very good about making the new person feel comfortable and welcome. I'm sure there have been times when I could have prevented another emotionally fragile person from having a complete meltdown, but didn't.

And here's something on a bit of a lighter note:
(I totally stole this from my friend, Jenny's, facebook page) This song definitely reminds me of elementary school. Well, the original does anyway.

3 comments:

Judith Canner said...

Aww, I hope your next experiences are better... I'll be praying for you! Miss you tons!

Book Worm said...

Those silly mommas. I'm so sorry about your experience and am so grateful that you emailed me back when I desperately handed you my number and e.address last summer. See! You have been there for newbies. I'll be praying for some new awesome friends for you and your kiddos and a perfect fit in your life all round, from church to play-places. xoxome
(If it's makes you feel any better, it's 11:46pm, I'm on yahoo waiting in angst to see if you'll sign in and I've just about finished a Red Baron pizza all by myself.)

Unknown said...

I'm not a mom, but I'm your friend! I'd be glad to introduce you to some people here in the Cities. People come up to me all of the time when I'm with the kids, so there are lots of great people here willing to meet new people...you just have to find them. If you ever need to see a friendly face, call me. :-) I know it's hard to move to a new place.