Friday, June 20, 2008





We purchased "The Jungle Book" recently, and I thought it was really strange how the voices sounded so similar to the characters in "Winnie the Pooh". So, I checked out the cast - and voila! I'm not losing my mind!

the casts of
Jungle Book
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh


Kaa = Winnie the Pooh
Mowgli = Christopher Robin
Bagheera = The Narrator on Winnie the Pooh
Junior = Roo

Sterling Holloway does the voice for all of these characters:
Winnie the Pooh
Kaa, Jungle Book
Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland
Mr. Stork, Dumbo
Flower, Bambi
Roquefort, Aristocats
Narrator, Peter & the Wolf

Well, that's the extent of my research for the day. But here's a neat little video about him on YouTube.


And, yes, I do consider this a waste of time during my daughters' naps, but it was fun and I got to eat candy while doing it. Eating candy is good for my emotional well-being. And it's Friday. So there.



2 comments:

Book Worm said...

Maggie. You make me laugh. End of story. I have noticed this voice idiosyncracy too, but haven't gone so far as to research it. Thanks for solving the mystery for me. :)

Unknown said...

Were you eating Circus Peanuts by any chance?

Okay, and I have always wondered if the voice for the Fairy Godmother on Cinderella is the same lady as Aunt Sarah that stays with the baby in Lady and the Tramp (when mom & dad go out of town. She has 2 siamese cats). I'm glad ya'll notice these weird things too..

Are we watching too many Disney movies?