Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sitting down to a nice meal with friends:


Have I mentioned how much I love my husband recently? I noticed after I woke up today that he brought his toothbrush and toothpaste downstairs this morning so that he wouldn't wake me up by turning on the light in our bathroom. It's the little things.

Yesterday Marie and I were playing with glue and glitter, and I kept getting frustrated with her because she was accidentally touching the glue (heaven forbid) and I had made some pretty spectacular designs that I didn't want her to smudge up. After repeatedly showing her how to sprinkle the glitter a good distance above the paper, so as to not smear my amazing glueriffic artwork, she did it again. I snapped at her rather rudely to which she replied, "Mommy, I'm just a little girl." Aaaahhh. Am I the worst person in the world? Why can't I just relax and let her be 2?

And one more thing: We played "Does it sink or float?" this morning. Super fun and easy to clean up. M&M's and crayons sink, by the way.

2 comments:

Book Worm said...

Ah! What a sweetie. Kids say the darndest things. Miss you all. Dinner was absolutely fab. Have to get the recipie from you. Come over and play! Let's go swim!

Anonymous said...

I love your insights on life! Especially Miss Marie's comment after smudging your artwork! It's so sweet how a 2-year-old little girl can put things in such honest and real perspective. Oh my gosh! July 2nd can't get here too soon. I miss you all so much. Momma D.