Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just checking in. No pictures to post right now. The girls are pretty sick. This morning Joel stayed home with them and I went to two different churches - the early service (9:00am) at a church in Plymouth and the late (11:00am) service at a church in Brooklyn Park. I didn't feel like either one was the right place for us, although I thoroughly enjoyed the preaching at the 2nd church that I visited.

I wish the girls were healthy so that we could all go as a family. I'd bring them along if it was just the sniffles, but they have developed yucky coughs so we're laying low, drinking lots of fluids and running our trusty cool mist humidifier. Those of you who have spent any time with Marie know that she is a puker :-) She has an amazing gag reflux that can be set off by foods with weird textures, coughing, a runny nose ... or really anything. It's amazing. So, she has thrown up a few times (which is pretty standard).

If you think of us, please pray that the girls would get healthy. It is pretty challenging to make friends when you can't leave the house. Impossible, really.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey :) We did the same kind of church - hopping when we moved to NC. It's hard spending so much time finding a church, when you can only go once a week to hear the preaching.

Sorry about the girls. Matt & I will pray that they do get better soon. You'll make friends.. how can you not? You're a friend magnet. Miss you tons.

Unknown said...

You must post more often. If I can't see you every day, I need to know exactly what you're doing, every day!

I

miss

you

.

cindyda said...

Hey Maggie: I have a child who throws up when any kind of stomach flu comes around. Here is a little trick I used to eliminate all other throw-up times. I tell them they are going to have to clean it up. This would be done when they throw-up because of not liking food. You will be amazed how this stops episodes. This may help in your case or not. You have to decide that, just thought I would toss out that bit of info.